Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shambles?

Mark Binker is a great reporter for the Greensboro News-Record. He reports the following on his Capital Beat blog:

One prominent North Carolina Republican told me this week "the party is in shambles," referring both to its national standing and its operations in state. Rebuilding it will fall to the next chairman.

Now I don't think the party is in shambles and whoever said that needs to think twice. This last election was my first as an involved volunteer, after spending time working for the state courts and later as a journalist, and I saw a lot of dedicated people working hard.

I think saying their efforts resulted in "shambles" is a bit extreme. There is a lot of work to do and we need to get down to it and skip the wallowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment